Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Knitting Progress and Coffee Swap Three

Well let's see, I have some knitting progress to show. I made the Foliage hat (see below post for link) out of Royal Silk Merino and I'm going to make matching fingerless gloves with the lace pattern on the outside of the hands! You can't see the lace pattern here, but soon I'll take a picture with the hat on so you can see it better.
And here is the progress on my spiral boot socks. I've actually done more progress since I took this picture, I'm now done with the leg and about halfway through the heel flap.
In other news, I decided to do another swap. I haven't done one in awhile, they're an unnecessary expense and I was disappointed by one awhile back. However, this swap is just a one time swap, and I've participated in previous rounds, and since I work at a yarn store cost isn't as much of an issue! This is actually the perfect swap for me since I love coffee so much. So here is my questionnaire for Coffee Swap Three:

1. Whole bean or ground? prefer Whole Bean
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? fully loaded
3. Regular or flavored? regular
4. How do you drink your coffee? skim milk and splenda
5. Favorite coffee ever? that's a tough one. I'm enjoying my green mountain coffees...
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'd say I'm in the middle, not terribly fussy, but not any old bean.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? anything sweet, except nothing with raisins or any kind of dried fruit
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences?
9. Yarn/fiber you love? Wool, natural fibers
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? novelty yarns, acrylic/rayon/plastic nastiness
11. What's on your needles? socks, scarf, cardigan, legwarmers
12. Favorite colors? deeply saturated colors
13. Allergies? SMOKE AND CAT HAIR - very important
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I'm getting tired of self striping sock yarn. With the exception of one skein I recently bought, I'm just not impressed with the stuff. On the flip side, I LOVE slightly shaded sock yarns, with slight variances of color.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn ;) said...

Glad you decided to join us. I believe this will be an awesome round. Thx for filling in your questionaire. ;D

11:50 PM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

yippee - felt like I was reading my own questionairre! I am really excited to be your swap partner!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home