Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

awesome package, flash your stash contest, and other stuff

Well this week will be an exciting mail week! To start if off, on Saturday I received a package from Beth with lots of great local (she's from New Hampshire) goodies inside! She sent some beautiful J. Knits yarn in Tampa, and some yummy cookies and chocolates to munch on! She also sent some Earl Grey Le Creme tea from Portsmouth Tea Company that is wonderful! She also sent an engraved tea strainer that is the perfect size for a tea cup! I love the cards and magnet she included with sheep on them! Thank you so much Beth!! Unfortunately the pictures aren't great, I tried to take them outside, because usually that's the only way to get the lighting right, and they totally didn't come out! So I took them indoors. One day... one day I will get a good digital camera.Here are a couple of random pictures. This weekend we celebrated Katie's birthday at Incredible Pizza. It's kind of like a Chuck E. Cheese, except it appeals to older kids. They have bowling and go karts and bumper cars along with all the regular games like skee ball and stuff. Here she is blowing out her candles.

And I finally got a picture of my Weasley clock tshirt.

Okay time for stash pictures. I have more yarn than I thought! Though nowhere near as much as many others. Here it is in tubs. The orange tubs are Rubbermaid's cedar tubs, very convenient for wool!
Okay, we'll start out with the cotton and blend yarns, basically everything that could get by without being in a cedar bin.
This is my lace weight, though the flash completely wiped out the three skeins of natural colored cashwool. (I'll probably dye a couple of these!) Lace is a new thing for me, so this area will probably grow!
Here is my wool sock yarn:
This is my sport and worsted weight wool:
And here is the bulky weight wool, not anywhere near as much of it!
And last but not least here is my hand dyed yarn, covering bulky weight, worsted weight, and sock yarn! I am determined to take a decent picture of this stuff!

4 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

A+ on stash! : )

6:42 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Laura,
I'm so glad you liked the package. I had a good time putting it together.

I've never seen those cedar Rubbermaid boxes. Very cool!

The Weasley clock tee shirt is wonderful. Glad to finally see a picture of it.

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura - Thank yo SO much!!! That IS the Autumn Glory sweater I was looking for. Yippee!!! And those Rubermaid cedar totes are fabulous.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Love the Weasley t-shirt.

Rubbermaid has cedar totes? I wonder if they are available up here anywhere? I'll have to check it out.

You have a pretty darn good stash!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home