Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SP10 WIP contest, pictures, and tagged

Well my SP10 hostess is having a contest where we post about our WIP's. The purple sock is "Almost Argyle" and kind of got shelved when I had surgery. The other is the back side to a hooded sweater I'm making for my cousin Abbie.Here is some of the yarn that I dyed this weekend, twisted into a skein. You can see the colors all blended together better here than the other pictures.
My sister made a Harry Potter tshirt, which I just had to photograph. I came up with the back side, and we are getting very excited about July! I made a tshirt of the Weasley Clock; I'll have to post a picture later.


Finally, I've been tagged to participate in the "7 facts" meme that is going around. Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. I’ve been tagged by Hope.

1. When I asked my sister for facts about me she said "you have a very cute sister" but I will amend this to say that though I am fortunate enough to have a sister who shares some interests with me (such as reading and Harry Potter and knitting).

2. I have more books than some small town libraries. I love to read, and I love to collect books.

3. I think I have very good fashion sense and am very good at putting outfits together, yet I usually wear tshirts and sweat pants.

4. I love to swim, but I hate hot weather. I'd rather swim indoors. It's not that I don't like being outside, I just burn easily and I don't like being really hot. My favorite season is fall.

5. I own all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The demons are all cheesy and not scary, otherwise I wouldn't watch it. Real spiritual warfare absolutely freaks me out, and yet BTVS is very entertaining.

6. I watch more tv on DVD than I do on tv. I usually get into a show by dvd, and only watch current shows if I started out on DVD but they're still on air. This was the case with Gilmore Girls, Bones, Alias, House M.D., and Grey's Anatomy. I didn't even watch my first BTVS episode until after the show went off the air.

7. I am a nerd. A great big one. But usually I'm well liked, even in middle school and high school. I was never popular, but most people knew me and liked me.

It seems like everyone out there has already done this meme so I guess I won't tag anyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Beautiful sock yarn! Great tee shirts....can't wait to see the Weasley clock shirt.

Have a great day!

Shelly

1:19 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Love the tee shirt! I can't wait to see the Weasley clock one.
I'm currently rereading all the HP books waiting for the new one to come out. I can't wait.

I'm with you. Fall is the best season. I wish it lasted longer.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I 'm not big on being really hot either. For me spring is the best since it takes a week of nice days and nights before all the mosquitos/blackflies/no-see-ums hatch and start biting.

I own all the Harry Potter books (supposedly for Girly when she gets old enough) too.

Love the T-shirt. The paw print is perfect. I bet the Weasley one is very cute too.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock yarn and t-shirt are both awesome! I'm a huge HP fan too and love the idea of making a special HP tee for "the big days" (when the new book & movie come out).

Something else we have in common - I also burn really easily. I walk around with a pink (and sometimes peeling) nose most of the summer. Spring and Autumn are my favorite times of the year.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home