Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Coffee Swap Package!


I got my coffee swap package in the mail yesterday, and wow is it amazing! My pal sent two different kinds of coffee, Sumatra Organic and Organic Peruvian French Roast! She also sent chocolate chip cookies, a Green and Black's Caramel Chocolate bar, and an Almond Crunch Oatbar! ooh, but probably the best part was the yarn! Two skeins of Catalina chunky weight Baby Alpaca (so very soft!), a skein of Soljoy in beautiful reds, and a skein of hand dyed Sea Silk made by Hand Maiden fine yarn. I've never knit with silk before! This yarn is glorious! What an amazing package! Many, many thanks to Kerry, who was an awesome swap partner!

In other news, I got the book Charmed Knits last night and it looks so fun! I want to make broomstick and snitch socks! And I think I might make a hedwig owl! There is a really cool blanket pattern of Mrs. Weasley's clock, though that is a bit too much work for right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

That is a wonderful package. Enjoy!

12:53 PM  
Blogger KnitMe said...

What treats! Please post on your silk knitting experience when you get there.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I am so thrilled that you like your package! I was keeping my fingers crossed that the chocolate would make it to you without melting. Looks like it held up ok. :-) Thank you so much for being such an amazing partner! It was a complete joy to swap with you!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home