Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

SP9 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? oh goodness, I like natural fibers, and I love hand dyed yarns. I'm not big on novelty yarn, I like to be able to see my stitches!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a couple of needle cases and a crochet hook case

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since January, and I've crocheted since I was seven. I guess I'd say I'm an advanced beginner? I haven't done any fair isle yet.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) apple cinnamon, juniper, NO vanilla or "sugar" scents, and please no lotions - I have a lot of allergies. Bubble baths and salts and things are okay though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have a huge sweet tooth, I love chocolate, candy, tea, cookies, all that stuff. I like reese's peanut butter cups, kit kats, any gourmet chocolates...

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew, and make cards and some scrapbooking, I'm learning to spin, I just learned to use a drop spindle at the state fair, so hopefully that will turn out well!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like classical, jazz and blues. I can play mp3's in my car and on my computer.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues, greens, purples, reds. I don't like oranges.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my parents and my little sister (on the weekends) I'm a senior at OU. We have a short hair daschund, who is in the house when it's cold outside. We are very careful about pet hair though, because my whole family is allergic. We aren't one of those families whose home is covered in hair.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats, and mittens, not ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit bags, socks, hats, all sorts of stuff!

13. What are you knitting right now? lots of christmas presents, which I can't share here, and a hat for myself.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? of course

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I almost exclusively use circs, though I occasionally use dpn's. I only use bryspuns and Addi turbos. They are the only needles I can use with my arthritis.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a ball winder, and a homemade swift, seen here

17. How old is your oldest UFO? a year and a half

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!!

19. Is there anything that you collect? I love books, and harry potter stuff, and tea, and tea pots/cups, etc.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any subscriptions, but I pick up Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting sometimes, and I would love to try Socks That Rock yarn, I've heard it's great.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to learn some basic Fair Isle, I don't know how to use more than one color at once.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes, I'm a women's size 9 1/2, if you're concerned about fit, round up for me, not down

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 18

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie MacKay said...

hi i found your blog when looking up homemade swifts.
i can't see the picture you linked to, as it's asking for a username and password.
do you have a picture anywhere else?
i'm trying to get hubby to make one for me...

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home