Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Monster Juice!!!

My new medicine (which is working fabulously by the way) is made from the saliva of the Gila Monster! I find that ridiculously entertaining. I went to my PCP last Thursday for my cold stain stuff and he decided to do some blood work. We'd checked my insulin many times before and it was always normal, but this time my C peptides were the highest he'd ever seen (don't know what that means) but metabolic syndrome runs in my family (and since my doctor is related to me, he knew that) so now I'm on new medicine to hopefully prevent me from getting diabetes. The new medicine has raised my shot quota to 15 per week though. Well, 15 that I give myself. I've already noticed a huge difference since Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm sure I can, I don't have to completely avoid anything, I just have to consume certain foods in proper amounts, and at the right time with the right other foods, if that makes sense? Like if I want some sugar, it's best to have it with some protein. The protein keeps my sugar levels more constant. I can't wait to get the box though!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I hope things continue to go well for you. 15 shots a day sounds rough and not fun at all. Although that may just be my aversion to needles talking.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home