Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Oskar is home!

Thank you for the prayers and concern! We picked Oskar up this morning and took him to our regular vet. When we picked him up from the emergency clinic, he still wasn't walking, though the vet said he did a little for him earlier. He spent a few hours at his regular vet's office and when we picked him up he was walking! His back end still falls a little bit, especially on slick floor, but he's getting around much better than he was last night. We have lots of medicine for him, and if need be we'll reevaluate and look into a doggie wheelchair/scooter, as mentioned by Shelly! We knew this was more than likely in the future for Oskar, but we've tried so hard to keep him from jumping. I'm just so glad he's home where he can get lots of love.

On a knitting note, I started my socks made of the beautiful Christmas yarn my SP sent me! Someone asked what kind of yarn it is, and now I would like to know as well! When I wound the yarn, I think my mom picked up the tag and threw it away! So now I can't remember! Secret Pal, if you see this, would you let me know what kind of yarn it was? Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Laura, this is an answered prayer! Did your vet mention to keep him on crate rest for a while except to go out an potty? If you need to borrow a crate, we have several.

Also, if you need to build some doggy ramps to avoid those jumps, I can give you directions or links for that, too.

Take care and enjoy your knitting! : )

Shelly

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I hope your dog continues to get well. I'll pray for him too.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Is Oskar still improving?

I'm hoping that all is going well and that he's on his way to a full recovery. : )

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home