Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Monday, April 23, 2007

oldest yarn contest, on the needles, and arthritis walk

okay, this will be a jam packed entry for me. once again, please forgive the lack of capitalization, typing one handed makes the shift key harder to reach. first, i'll start with the oldest yarn in my stash. My pal in my very first swap, SP8 , sent me this beautiful Lorna's Laces yarn, and it's so soft and beautiful that I just haven't found the perfect project for it yet. For those of you locals, can you buy Lorna's Laces in any local shops around here? I wasn't sure about Gourmet Yarn or SWAK.
Also, I wanted to show you guys what is on the needles right now. unfortunately this will be on the needles for awhile, as I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on wednesday and I have a feeling knitting will be difficult for a little while. as usual my picture taking is horrendous (but I'm taking a digital photography course in may intersession, so hopefully I can finally get this flash under control)! the pattern is "Almost Argyle" and is shaping up nicely even though you can't tell from the picture. i learned the "latvian twist edge" which you can kind of see on the cuff.
here you can see a picture of me talking about the arthritis walk at a public forum last week. anyone interested in participating or donating can do so at www.normanarthritiswalk.kintera.org I don't know why this section is underlined, but i can't figure out how to fix it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Laura, Carol's Knitting Studio does carry Lorna's Laces. I don't believe SWAK or Gourmet has it.

Good Luck on Wednesday.

Please pray for our dear son-in-law, we think of him as our true son along with Zach. He is having a growth removed this Friday from his foot and both his regular physician and the orthopedic surgeon feel it is melanoma. Please pray that is isn't. Please pray for our dear Amanda, too. She is trying not to panic or worry, but it is difficult.

We will be in Tulsa for his surgery on Friday. We don't know what exactly they will do yet or how long it will take to get definitive results.

Ryan has evidently had this area on his foot for 3 or 4 years. One physician in the past *lanced* it and just called it a cyst without doing any lab work or biopsy.

Thank you for your prayers for Ryan and Amanda.

I hope you are back to knitting soon and heal quickly.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home