Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

my crafty night




First of all, I hand dyed the most beautiful sock yarn ever!!! Well, at least I'm pretty proud of it. Of course I can't take a decent picture of it, but I think the colors come through. I dyed this yarn for my Secret Pal, but I may have to make another skein for myself! Second, I learned how to make balloon animals. We need people to make balloon animals and do face painting for the kids before the arthritis walk, and I recruited people to do so, but no one knows balloon animals, so I learned so I can teach them. That was the longest run on sentence ever. I made a sword, a dog (red) and an elephant (white) but the elephant's tail is long and dog like, and the angle isn't great to see the big elephant ears.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The yarn is beautiful! What dyes did you use and what method of dyeing? Also, what blank sock yarn did you use?

Congrats on learning to make balloon animals! They are VERY cute!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home