Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I got a new car!

It's a Scion xB. It's perfect because it's car sized, but kind of feels like an SUV (though it gets 34 mpg)! It's black, and they offer some sort of reimbursement if we have to have it converted to a wheel chair accessible car (they can install a ramp that goes out the back at the touch of a button and you can drive a motorized wheelchair up on to it, then it folds up). It holds my walker just fine without interfering with the backseat, and will easily hold a manual wheelchair. The brakes went out on my old car and it was going to cost 3x what it was worth to fix it. It's also the perfect height, I don't have to climb out, or climb in! I'll post a picture tomorrow, it's dark outside right now so I don't think one would turn out.

Oskar is doing very well! He walks normally, except that he walks like an 8 year old dog now, and not a puppy. The meds make him kind of sleepy, but we see the true Oskar when they wear off right before we have to give him more. He'll be off of everything in about 2 weeks. We may have to consider other alternatives as he gets older, but right now he has adjusted very well! Tomorrow I'll have a great post with lots of pictures!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Cute new car! I love that they will help you with the costs of adding wheelchair accessibilty. That's great service.

Glad Oskar is doing better. I hope he continues to improve.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home