Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

My new car, knitting, and girlie fun

Here's a picture of my new car! I love it! It's so easy to get in and out, and it's easy to drive and it gets much better mileage than my old car. I filled it up for the first time today and it only took 9.7 gallons! There is so much space throughout the car. After driving a two door car, it's very strange to not be able to reach the backseat from the front one! Ironically, this car is a lot shorter than my old cougar.

I decided to make Harry Potter scarf bookmarks! I knitted them with US 0 needles and embroidery thread. I made Gryffindor and Slytherin, and just started the Ravenclaw. The picture isn't great, but I was blocking the bookmark so that's just how it turned out!

Last Friday we celebrated my cousin Abbie's first birthday! She helped her mom open a couple of presents, and then got distracted by a pile of tissue paper. She just sat there and played with it while her mom and dad opened her presents! She was very hesitant to really get her hands in the cake, finally her daddy just slammed her hands into it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love the new car! Great bookmarks, and adorable Abbie.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Cute car, cute bookmark and even cuter little girl. Happy Belated Birthday to Abbie.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Laura, yesterday afternoon when we were driving to town we saw a wreck that involved a black Scion on Alameda near 12th...by Albertson's and Chelino's. I said a prayer that nobody was hurt... and I sure hoped it wasn't yours!

Hope you're having a good week and staying WARM!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home