Laura's Knitting Blog

This is the place I post pictures and information on my various fiber hobbies.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

first toddler socks, and big accomplishment!

Well, the cough is still raging, but it stays under control as long as I'm taking copious amounts of vicodin tuss. I have a friend who will drive me to class tomorrow, where I will record the lecture to review later, when I'm out of this fog. In other news, I completed my very first pair of toddler socks for CIC! I'm almost halfway through another sock, in much prettier yarn (which I dyed myself, using a bit of a tie dye method). Here's the completed pair.

I must say that toddler socks knit with worsted weight yarn knit up very fast.

This may sound a bit strange, but those of you who know of my various health problems will understand. Two nights ago, I washed my hair all by myself for the first time since September! Through the manipulation of the extendable shower head and using the soap dish to prop up my arm, I succeeded! While I am still holding out hope to feel "all better" someday, I need to adapt for the time being.

Those of you who knit on Thursdays, I won't be able to make it this week. Raging cough + final exam on Friday means no spare time for knitting. However, I hope to be back again next week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Will the hospital let you borrow an arm support from them? You may have to tie some pads and the part that would ordinarily go on the cast, but it would probably work.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home